Tuesday, March 15, 2005

What PES E is all about.

[Backdated Record]

Life in Army is never boring. It can't ever be. Unless you are in PES E. Army has the tendency to do work in extremes. This is good. It brings out the best in soldiers. And form there soldiers can give what Army requires. It applies for us as well. Only in the opposite sense.

Well basically, i landed up in PES E because of Arthritis. My body immune system will attack my body cells, especially my joints. That's why i cant go through the normal routine like all Army boys. Wanna know about my bunkmates and platoonmates conditions ? A hole in his heart. G6p deficiency condition. Eyes can't look straight. Hearing problems. Leukaemia. Physically impaired. Mentally impaired. Short concentrations spans syndrome [ ADD ]. One eye vision [ lost the other eye when his sister poke his eye with a scissors]. I din get to know all. But this are the ones i've learnt so far. The best one i've learned so far is a national Basketball player. He got a PES E status because he can't afford to be injured during Army trainings. Precious to the country.

Of course, there are also fakes. People who exaggerate their conditions as well. So we have a whole bunch of people there. But one thing for sure, almost 99% of the people knows how to use vulgarities and use them extremely well. Everyday you can hear vulgarities flying across the room. Reminds me very much of my secondary school days.

Having this sepcial welfare status means one thing. We can't get any physical punishment. They officers and sergeants can't really do much to us. And that really sucks to one point. Because lack of discipline really tarnishes the great image of Army life. I feel weird all the while because alot of people around me are not behaving the way they are supposed to behave. Instead of living in a military camp, i felt like i am living in a zoo. Monkeys are loose all around me. Seriously, i'm not looking down on people and i never will. I just find the lack of discipline extremely disturbing. Even my scouts camp can do much better than produce monkey clerks and storeman.

And so, linking to that ... the future of PES E .... is pretty direct and simple. 2 years in Army ... serving as either a clerk or a storeman. After that, you are free as a bird. No need for reservice like normal NS Men. Of course, there are pros and cons to this. You get lower pay for one. You can't opt to go OCS [ Officers Cadet School ]. You will get little or no promotions at all thru this 2 years. Whatever it is, i am not so bothered by this. I am more bothered about whether i can coop with my next phase of life. I plan to study, gym and serve army thru this whole year. Kinda hard with this 8 to 6 schedule in the weekdays. Have to plan real properly.

Back to what happen today ..... Well basically .... its Lectures, eat lunch, lectures, eat dinner, slack and sleep. That's all. This is how boring it can really be in a PES E status. Sure you might think you can slack. But i can tell you there's really nothing you can do inside, except crapping with yr bunkmates which i am not really open to. I am just depress and i can't talk to anyone at all. Feel kinda left out most of the time because of this. The lessons taught in the lectures are just a higher level of lullaby-in-disguise that forces you to sleep. We are taught the importance of Army, the necessity of SAF, the basics you-need-to-know in an Army, and core values of Army. Much of it can be said as useless.

These 2 days, i've also realise that my joints are increasingly painful. I am forced to take the pink Prednisolone which is a steroid medication. My uncles have warn me not to take because of its side effects and take it when i feel pains. I have been taking that more often than usual this 2 days because of the pains. Normally i will choose to ignore taking this pink pill. It seems to me that i am the only one in my bunk that is on medication. Maybe its just that i did not see the rest eating. -_- sheesh

As of this day, I was extremely bored. I can't believe how bored i can get in a military camp. I am totally shick that i am feeling like this today. Really funny.

No comments: