Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Great Healing Crusade at SIS.

reported by Reporter s0nix.

What's the big hold up? Long queues stretched from all 4 sides of the Singapore Indoor Stadium [SIS] entrances at 1500. It seems that the people queuing at the front near the entrance were even much earlier. Probably at 12 noon or 1 pm. What's this big gathering about?

At 7.30 pm tonight, there is a special healing crusade by Reverend Benny Hinn. From reports, this pastor is known to be gifted in conducting healing crusades and getting people healed. What is this really all about?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

People flew all the way from Indonesia, Malaysia and The Philippines to Singapore just for this event. The admission to this healing crusade is free. By 4pm, the queue has extended all the way to the roads outside SIS. This event organised by City Harvest Church is really drawing a big crowd. There must be something happening in there!

- end of report -





Chong and I were in the queue as early as 3pm. We brought snacks, magazines, story books, newspaper to occupy our time while waiting. We also armed ourselves with board games and I even brought my poor guitar along to kill our boredom. The places is very crowded. Thankfully not chaotic but really crowded. The queue was comparable to the length of Great Wall of China. I was really beginning to worry that Janet, Alex, John, Jessica and my 2 new friends couldn't join us. Thankfully, we aren ot working or studying late. So we can get that pretty much early. I can say the weather was also quite kind to us throughout the whole event. Chong and I tried to reserve seats for our friends but the space we are sitting just keeps getting smaller and smaller. Lots of people are cutting queues and squeezing into where we are sitting. I also notice that there are alot of foreigners around me. Mostly Indonesians. I was kinda troubled because i am really afraid that my friends whom i tried so hard to invite, would miss the opportunity to be in the stadium.

As tiem past, the queue just seems to extend itself to infinity. I can't really see where is the end of the queue that is behind us. It stretches all the way to the roads and probably end somewhere in the next street. I was really thankful that I wasn't stuck so much at the back of the queue. Chong also seem very stress but i assured him constantly that we'll get the seats inside the stadium

We didn't have a proper dinner. Tidbits, fries and onion rings are all we ate. It is fortunate that Janet gave us some fries and onion rings to eat. And speaking of Janet, we were really deeply amazed. This fine lady has managed to get to where we are [ from the back to right infront of the queue ] and even was ahead of us. What's so astonishing about that? Firstly, as i have said earlier, the queue is very very long. So long that the pathway to where we were sitting is blocked. The stairs, the elavator and all other sides were just totally inaccessible. Even Alex, who arrived earlier than Janet, couln't get to where we were. Guess our PCGL really knows people from high places.


We were allowed in around 6. We scrambled to find seats. Its immensely crowded inside. We finally found seats. I was busily calling all my friends to see where they are ... Eventually, I think only Janet got in. Alex and both my friends were stuck outside. I am not so sure about John and Jessica. Told all of them to keep queuing.

I was really really stress at that point. I really hope my new friends and the rest of my cell group can enter, so much so that i am willing to trade places. Its a real pity for people to come all the way down and get rejected. In the middle of the service, pastor Kong announced that approximately 5000 people were stuck outside. They can't sit on the steps like what we do in Church because of the strict SIS rules. I can't imagine. The 10,000 seater stadium with probably another half waiting outside the stadium. That's the crowd we are talking about. Are the crowd of those in Singapore Idol as much as this?

So how's the service like?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me. Playing with Camera.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
4 of us. 2 from Sister Elaine's Cell.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chong saw a great light!


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The look from inside.



Very different I would say from our normal service. We started with our normal praise songs we sung in Church. Then, the choir sung old hymns from Pastor Benny Hinn's ministry. They are real nice songs! Though not the modern kinda praise songs like we always sing in church .... The praise sung by the choir is packed with as much energy and vocal strength. I was distracted during worship because my 2 friends called me. I figured i have to at least give them a explanation. I sms them fast and told them to wait on. Then i continued worshipping in the presence.

I felt kinda heavy-hearted through-out the preaching. I would say that most of it is because of my worries of my friends stuck aside. I prayed and decided to bring my focus to Pastor Benny Hinn. He preach a very simple message about the need for Jesus in our life. That when we speak to antoher person, we are speaking to another shell. We cannot really see what's inside the person. Only God can. We are just constantly communicating with another person's shell. Isn't this true? How much can we really see from a person even thru the most effective conversation. Food for thought.

The 2nd part of his preaching is about the revelation he shared about healing of God. In the past [ the age of Christ] , healing is common. The people who only question Jesus about one thing. How much would you go to forgive sin? Now its the opposite. The world knows the Passion of the Christ. But how much knows that healing still exist? He shared that we have to have desire, determination to ask for healing. He shared many scenes of the bible of healing. Stangers to Christ are healed. How much so for believers?


The best part of the event eventually arrived. The healing. We worship God for a long long time. I raise my hand for so long that i can feel it trembling and acheing. I do feel something i must say.

What is it? Are you freaking out?

No. I felt heat on my hands. My fingers are acheing. The joints. Arthritis. That's all i feel. My fingers still ache. I am not really healed. That's the truth. But i felt some heat on my hands. Heat on my hands are not something you will expect in an air-conditioned stadium. Nevertheless, till now as i type, i know i will be eventually healed.

Many people came up to share their just-awhile-ago healing experiences. Many peolpe came up to share their own miracle healing. 1 was healed from blindness due to tumour in their brain. Many are healed from being bondaged to immobilty. There is another lady healed from asthma. She said she couldn't run due to this condition. And there she was running around the stage in joy. Most people healed were from Indonesia. There were afew from Singapore as well. 1 lady was healed from arthritis. She walekd up and down the stairs effortlessly. It was really amazing.

Couldn't they be fakes?

If they were so, i msut say pastor Benny Hinn must be very rich to pay off so many people. What i see from this people's eyes were their great joy. Smiles. So happy that their are drown in their own great new discovery. That's how they are behaving on stage. The amazing thing is the way they testify this encounter. Some of the Indonesians seen on stage are unable to relate their emotions. You can see from their body language that they are so excited and jsut by that, each of them preach a sermon of their own. They simply showed one thing very clearly. God loves people. He loves so much that he wants to remind us one thing through this event. He heals both our spirit and our body. Now that's something.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Can you see the old lady on stage? She's saying something!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
'God spoke to me! He said if you can give to him your sins, he'll take it from you. If you can give him your pains, he'll take it from you.'


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
' You have just preach a sermon of your own...' says Ps Benny.

Is that it?

Actually no. An amazing thing happen. A really really amazing thing happen. I've heard this before. But i've never ever seen this before. A great multitude fell under the power of God.

Ps Benny seems to have felt something. He then said somthing the choir. It seems that he is going to bless them or soemthing. Then it just happen. He shouted and bam! Every Choir member just collapsed on their chair from where they were standing. I was like " Wow!" that view was really captivating and powerful. Imagine the whole crowd standing at the North section just fell on their seats. Some of them even started laughing. That is called the Holy laughter. A result of the manifestation of the Holy spirit. Think that's fake?

I have a few friends in the choir. Some of them join church around the same time as me. Some even later.

Of course i won't miss the chance of interviewing them.

Turtle's reply :

What actually happen?

At first, we link our hands together, then the pastor said something.


He was asking you all not to hold hands across the aisle. What happen next?

Ya, well the pastor said something, i don't know what happen. The the 2 persons beside me started to fall. I was wondering how this goes and whether the power will slowly reach me before i fall. Before i know it, I just fall!

I was thinking whether i fell due to the Holy Spirit's annointing or was it because i just fell on my own accord. But it isn't! I felt something at my neck, like its pinning me down. Yea^^.


Did you really feel something on your neck?

Duh! I couldn't get up. I heard the pastor said " I don't think the choir is able to sing for the rest of the night". I just lay there in the presence. Shortly after that, i was awake and i continued singing.


So how did you feel after that?

I feel very happy ^^. I am going to come again tomorrow for the next 2 services. I don't care.


Ha. Enjoy yourself for the night at your cousin's place.
Men, look how excited she was being touched by the Holy Spirit. I am sooooo jealous.


Joel's SMS response:

Hey did you fell under the presence of God?

Ya. Great experience. Wished i can stay longer. NVM, lets be hopeful tomorrow.

Hey share more leh. Can i call you now for an interview?

Lol. Its just a different kind of presence ... Its like a power ... Feel weak at the limbs like tat. You can experience for yourself.

I am totally awe-strucked by hearing form both of them. They were so blessed! I wish i can feel something like that very soon.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After service pic.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
3 of us heading home ...

*pictures taken from Chong's Digicam*

I can't wait to see what's up tomorrow! Pastor Benny said that there will be even greater miracles tomorrow. Praise the lord for what happen today.

I am kinda encourage at the end of the service. I must say I can now understand why people flew from various part of SE Asia for this crusade.

God bless all ...

No comments: