Monday, March 14, 2005

Recruit Jason Reporting!

[Backdated Record]

Rank : Recruit
Called to Arms : 14 March
Feelings : Crazy


I woke up at 5.45 am, took a stroll around my house .... kissing goodbye to everything i see. I quickly changed to T-shirt and jeans. My uncle bought early breakfast for me ... though i din have much appetite for food. We took MRT straight down to Pasir Ris MRT. There, we met up with my Father. The 3 of us proceeded to the ened of the Bus interchange to where the Army Shuttle bus is located. From then on i got alittle big shock!!

3 Army tough dudes told my uncle and dad that they can't accompany me to Tekong. They have to be in long pants and proper shoes in order to go there. There were both wearing bermudas and sandals. Goodness. Then everyone was watching this little commotion playing. Apparently, the tiled, cemented floor is too hard to bury my head under. I just stood there alittle stun and erm embarass of my little forgetfulness. So they have to wave goodbye to me at the interchange while other happy kids board the bus with their parents. What an electrifying moment.

I went on this lonely bus trip with the chatterboxes around me. It was not long before we arrive at Changi Jetty. We went inside and waited for awhile before we board the big Penguin ferry to Tekong. Along the way, I met a guy call Mao who was older than me ... and had the same situation as me [Parents cant join him cos of wrong attire.] I was kinda surprise i made a friend so fast. When we arrive there, we were seperated in to 2 groups - Army enlistees and the visitors[family members]. Very soon, i got my new SAF IC and lsot my little pink IC. I got a very short tour about SAF [ Singapore Armed Forces ] and then we did a small rehersal of the solemn Oath Taking ceremony. Its an important ceremony that is deem necessary to marks our allegience to be the Nation's protectors [ in a very small way for my case ]. ha.

Well if you haven know, I am PES E. PES stands for Physical Examination Status. And i got the 2nd lowest status. E excempts the soldiers from all physical trainings due to his medical condition. So basically, my batch will be the most welfare batch in the whole campus. We'll get even better treatment that Hawk Coy !!! [ hehe to bad Jaryl =P ]. I'll explain how much welfare we get, much later ..

The lunch was kinda frutiful. Though you can't really compare with the good foods in mainland, it's still surprisingly better than what i expected. We got Fries, Grilled chicken, rice, potato and watermelon + lemonade. Very good serving. Actually the best servings in the Army. You will only get this servings on big days.

Then the parents bid farewells to their kids. We were all left to sit at one corner.....

To cut this whole crap short. I have spent about half my day collecting army equipments and verifyingh the size of the clothings. The most exciting part of the day is probably the hair cut. We all sat and watch our commerades-to-be losing all their colourful hair infront of us. Soon it was my turn and I was actually very happy. I wanna cut this hair short for a very long time. Partly because of the weather there. Very hot. So a semi-bald head will be cooling. Another is because i really dislike long hair. When i check my new appearance, i was kinda going nutty. That is soo unlike me! I cant seem to accept the almost bald headed guy staring right back at me. It takes time to accept my new image. But still its cool in many ways! :)

I spend the night chatting alittle to my bunk mates. I spend more time sms-ing my uncle and friends, calling my Dad and grandma. Before i knew it, it was bedtime and whether i like it or not, i have to sleep. It doesn't take long for me to catch some Z's. It was a long day for all of us...

No comments: