Saturday, April 23, 2005

When the Answer comes.

Its amazing when you walk on. Just amazing..










In case you haven't read my previous entry, i was walking a lonely trail ... right deep in the dark valley. Its a very lonely walk. Its a very sad walk. Its just hard to explain and express..









I've learn in a real powerful way the meaning of walking on. Its exhilarating. When you found the key that unlocks your problem. It just blows you up with love and joy.









What about walking on? I'm sure to all christians, you'll know this poise and cogent verse.







Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil ...
Psalms 23:4












This is the walk i'm talking about. The "Keep-On-Walking principle"










Throughout the week, i am burdened with worries. These thoughts are self-replicating thoughts. Like for example:





You will never live up to "Mom's" expectations. Everyone is moving on. You are just moving too slowly and or not moving at all.





or





Nobody in this damn world will ever understand you. Nobody. They'll just carry on and leave you behind.





or






Nobody ever appreciates you. Look at all you've done. What are this to them? They'll just accept and forget.








or








You are just a chip of an old block. You'll never be the head but always the tail. You will always be the shadow of others.









These are just some. Can you imagine being tortured by this thoughts. Maybe you will. Maybe you never will. That's why i say in my previous entry that i am so drown, i'm suffocating.








It might be just my mind playing tricks on me. Meany me bullying me. I never understand who i am. I am always living to learn myself. That's what i've understand in the recent years.

I ask myself why am i behaving so much like my friends. I take on their personality. Where is my own? I realise that it's because there is never a true mentor in my life. No one to guide me straight from the start. I take on no image.

I feel that kids take on the image of their moms and dads. When i see the kids around me, i know that they have something to take on with them as they grow. Their attitude. Their character. Their love. I simply have none of that.








I cant believe how open i am today. It just all comes back together as i blog, i remember this things of my shady past. I used to be a very minus person. Negative. Problem-centred. I can put up a smile right infront of you but i just can't show the bitterness in me to you.







That's why its hard. That's why i know no one in this world will ever understand the things running in me.






This is my past. But if you don't know, your past can catch up with you some times. Even if you live a new life in Christ. It's just one of the many obstacles you'll face. And for that, you might be too caught up again of the things in the past. You just can't let go.










That's me for ya. That's me this week.











I remembered "mom" said that as you grow from glory to glory, you'll meet new challenges. Janet also told me this before too. That when you have a breakthrough in your christian walk, you'll meet new obstacles. Most of the time, it'll happen almost right away. The devil is not going to let things go so smoothly. I guess it might be applicable here. If you ever hear from a Christian that says - "When you walk with God, you'll never meet another problem ...." He is lying straight at your face. A Christian's walk is never an easy walk. Its a tough one. It sometimes take alot from you. And from there i start worrying.

Am i strong enough to carry on? Is this the path for my life?





And it seems so. Yes it is. Just Keep on walking....






When you feel you are alone in the deep valley, remember to walk on. I've known of people who simply give up during this walk. I must say i did felt like this. Not just once, but many times. You can imagine how much i've been through. But still I walk on. Keep on walking.








For this week, i understand alittle more when i act by faith. I understand alittle of what it is meant by the sacrifice of praise. Even if you don't feel so drown and tired in your life, you can just come before God. And offer him that sacrifice. When you honour him, he'll honour you.










When i know that Pastor Tan is preaching, at the back of my mind ... it's telling me : Oh no its him. I like pastor Kong better. He is more funny and more spiritual as he is our Senior pastor.




What a bias thought aint it?




Then i heard about the sermon .... -> seedtime and harvest <- Automatically the tape im my mind just ran >> men i heard this before. Hope it'll be good.



The thing is ....

I never know his message is the very answer i need. I don't know what those messages mean to you but it means alot to me.


The sermon showed me some keys i've never see or heard before. I was enlighten more and more as he speaks. He talks about creation and about some things we or maybe I have never pondered before.

But the best thing was the verses and message that impacted me. Its like the Rhema word. The word of God that speaks directly to you




1) Gal 6:7 - Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

Sounds harsh ? Look at the way pastor put it .... A man's harvest in life depends on the seeds he sow.

Again it just hit me. All along the thoughts that i've sowed is pushing me off the cliff. They are doing more harm than i realise. I have to understand that this thoughts doesn't really belong to me. I am not what this thoughts say to me.


2) Gen 1:26-29.

God created men to be restorers. We are given dominion over creation as what the bible says. Since the fall of man when sin entered humanity, we lost our original purpose as restorers. As we walk with God, he restores us. Above that, we need to be fruitful and multiply the seeds he first put in us.

And then it hit me again.

Those seeds i sow in other people's life is not just a blessing to others. Things i have done for others are not going to be forgotten and thrown away. They are going to bear fruit. I have to keep on believing in them When they bloom and blossom, they are not just going to be blessed. They are going to be a blessing to others. From there, you will find the hundred-fold reward.



3) Be seed conscious, not need conscious.

Before that, pastor said that we have to sow our best seeds. Sow generously. Sow in faith.

Every area of our life needs a seed to be sowed.

These words hit me mightily. As you reflect upon your life, you need to examine the aspects that you have to change. Then sow into it. Its going to take a step of trust. That's faith. Its going to take alot of time and effort. That's generosity. Its going to take commitment and wise planning. That's our best seeds. When the seeds bloom into the differnt flowers in your life. You can finally smile and admire the pretty flowers. Then you'll understand the goodness of seedtime and harvest.

4) There's a time for everything.

Don't be dishearted. Don't worry. God will never lead you to a place where his Grace cannot keep you.

.... But God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it
1 cor 10:13

God is our provider. He lets things happen not to pull you down, but to make you ever stronger. A victor's heart is not one that cannot accept challenges. Its one that knows how to overcome it.



And finally a lovely verse at the end that touches my heart and sets me free...











Those who sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Psalms 126:5











I've learn alot. When you keep on walking with God, you'll know it someday.







I pray that we'll will find our right path in life.

11 comments:

stormchaser said...

Quote: "1) Gal 6:7 - Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

I have to understand that this thoughts doesn't really belong to me. I am not what this thoughts say to me."

I'm glad that you suddenly saw the light about that, cos i didn't think of u in those ways that u wrote in ur entry, they're just delusions.

and wow i'm so amazed about ur revelations :D

Today during the svc and after the svc i was full of joy. I think i'm riding on the crest of my walk with God. time to buckle up for the trough ^^;;

yj said...

glad that u found the light at the end of the tunnel... no doubt each of us will feel down sometimes, maybe for some, its most of the times... but we must always remember, AND MUST in capitals, not give up.. for each step u take towards God, He will take a milllion steps to you...

also, as the bible says, we must not only be hearers of the Word, but doers of the Word! therefore, as i always try to place myself into the situation on wadever the sermon is about... not only this will bring a greater revalation at times, also, u will know and understand how to cope ur problems and obstacles as they come along in the future!

continue to shine for God everyday! God bless! =)

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

Thanks alot guys.

Stormchaser : I'm happy abt what ya say ..

@ndry : Thanks. That is surely something i have to constantly remind myself. :)

Kcirtap said...

"i was walking a lonely trail ... right deep in the dark valley. Its a very lonely walk. Its a very sad walk."

That depend if you had bother to reach out your hands and try to get hold onto something. That very thing might be the light to lift of the shroud of darkness. However, it is only MIGHT, as the very same thing can drag you further into the abyss. That depend on how you percieve your enviroment and how you make use of that thing to aid you. If you can feel loniness and sadness, that is because you once had togetherness and happiness and for that alone you should be happy because not everyone has the previledge to experience them. Another view is that you are in solitude and have the peace of mind to do reflections. That is a rare opportunity to have in our society.

"You will never live up to "Mom's" expectations. Everyone is moving on. You are just moving too slowly and or not moving at all."

"I ask myself why am i behaving so much like my friends. I take on their personality. Where is my own? I realise that it's because there is never a true mentor in my life. No one to guide me straight from the start. I take on no image.

I feel that kids take on the image of their moms and dads. When i see the kids around me, i know that they have something to take on with them as they grow. Their attitude. Their character. Their love. I simply have none of that."

That shows that you are not at ease with who you are or you cannot face who you are. When one is trying to live up to someone's expectations, you have created an invisible burden of trying your best to please others. If you are doing so to make other people happy, then I suggest you to try to be please with yourself first because to me, if you cannot face yourself, then it is difficult for you to face others confidently.

If you think that you are imaging other people's personality, that shows that you have lost your own unique identity, trying to please them by doing what they like or trying to gain their acceptance and recgonition. Sometimes it is inevitable for us to behave in such manner but if it is prolonged then, to me, that is not being true to yourself.

"I cant believe how open i am today. It just all comes back together as i blog, i remember this things of my shady past. I used to be a very minus person. Negative. Problem-centred. I can put up a smile right infront of you but i just can't show the bitterness in me to you."

I am like that now, except the smiling part because mine is very artificial. Sometimes things are beyond our control, we can only do our best to minimise the effects or do something to bypass them. Once you can face the world admitting your feelings, strengh and weakness without feeling being restricted by yourself or others, that is the greatest accomplishment you can have, in my humble opinion.

Here is the usual harsh and mean talk cock. Feel free to talk cock back. This is my 120 cents. (Hint Hint)

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

I do not know how your past was. But, I used to be a very negative person whenever I failed. Felt that it was the end of the world and my future was very bleak.I almost gave up. Will tell u abt my past experiences when there is time.

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

What Is life?

Life is a challenge...meet it.
Life is a gift...accept it.
Life is an adventure...dare it.
Life is a sorrow...overcome it.
Life is a tragedy...face it.
Life is a duty...perform it.
Life is a game...play it.
Life is a mystery...unfold it.
Life is a song...sing it.
Life is an opportunity...take it.
Life is a journey...complete it.
Life is a promise...fulfill it.
Life is a beauty...praise it.
Life is a struggle...fight it.
Life is a goal...achieve it.
Life is a puzzle...solve it.
Life is Love...love it!

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

Thanks for your comments guys. :) i am open. Nothing is too offensive unless you start pointing fingers bluntly at me. So don't worry :)


Kcirtap :

Nice viewpoint.



"That very thing might be the light to lift of the shroud of darkness. However, it is only MIGHT, as the very same thing can drag you further into the abyss"

Erm don't quite get you. Can you explain further ...



"If you can feel loniness and sadness, that is because you once had togetherness and happiness and for that alone you should be happy because not everyone has the previledge to experience them"

Yup. I am glad that i have happiness and togetherness. If you talk in that absolute sense, ya u need to experience togetherness and happiness 1st in order to know what's loneliness is about. And for that i'm grateful. But even so, that doesn't deny the fact that there is loneliness. It's not really about being greedy to get more love and attention. Its a need. I don't know if you guys get what i mean. Its just a part of human nature that some might feel that they need greatly. And i am proabably one of those.



"Another view is that you are in solitude and have the peace of mind to do reflections. That is a rare opportunity to have in our society."

Yup. I am glad i have personal time. I think that isn't rare by the way. In the past maybe. The sense of freedom around the world is not diminishing. And i am also happy for that.



"When one is trying to live up to someone's expectations, you have created an invisible burden of trying your best to please others. If you are doing so to make other people happy, then I suggest you to try to be please with yourself first because to me, if you cannot face yourself, then it is difficult for you to face others confidently."

Good view. When I am young, i do live under people's expectations. I feel more accepted that way. If you look at it this way, we all somehow live [to a certain degree] under a person's expectations. For example, [generally speaking] When you are a kid, you are expected to be a good kid. Sometimes unwillingly. Sometimes willingly. You live under your parent's expectaion. You also live under society's expectations [ law, rules and order] However, my case isn't as complicated as you think. Its just as simple as i put it in my blog. As a kid, i don't think that far. When i take on another person's personality, i do it unconsciously. Its not done ever to please others. I don't feel like that at all. I am a simple dumb dumb boy when i am young. After thinking back for awhile, i realise its because i lack something people have. That's why my mind is doing what its doing in the past. That's all.

About pleasing myself as an absolute solution, i disagree. I learn that humans have a greedy nature. There needs to be moderation. That's not the best way out. Just don't live totally under expectations of people would be good enough. Anyway those are my past. So don't worry, i am true to myself.


"I am like that now, except the smiling part because mine is very artificial. Sometimes things are beyond our control, we can only do our best to minimise the effects or do something to bypass them. Once you can face the world admitting your feelings, strengh and weakness without feeling being restricted by yourself or others, that is the greatest accomplishment you can have, in my humble opinion."

I felt like that once and i do ponder the need to put up a front infront of other to make things easier and better.

When you said you feel that things are beyond your control and you feel restricted at times, i feel that you are obliged to put up a front. For that, you might feel it's the best to "bypass" and "minimize the effect" of the bad consequence you get if you choose to show the true side of you.

I will not make assumptions that you are feeling like this. I just want to say that this problem is not a minor problem residing in just a monority group of people. I feel that the world is like this. That's why we meet hypocrites. We meet people that are called weirdos. We meet people around us who are rejected. Its the spirit of the world.

And through the years i learn something. That if you are going to let circuumstances control you, you'll never get far. That's why the message of seedtime and harvest is powerful. When you learn to step out of your circumstances and choose to sow in a belief. A belif that people might think its naive. That the world commonly view as foolish. Just don't underestimate thoughts. My life has been renewed because the church has sowed strong and powerful thoughts and belief into my life. The testimony of chrisitans around me waters these seed in me. I grow not just because of my own determination. But also because of the people around me. It takes along time before i learn to step out of my circumstances and rise up to my belief. We can just sow this simple thought ... that the world can be a better place. Where free views can be establish and accepted without hatred, rejection or other negative remarks that pulls us down. You probably haven't seen the power of the seed of thoughts that i've seen. When you understand about seedtime and harvest, you'll know that it doesn't just change you. It changes the people around you...


Life of Mr Missle Rocket Launcher :

Thanks for your remarks. You can certainly tell me your views or problems. I'm all ears. :)

Kcirtap said...

"Nothing is too offensive unless you start pointing fingers bluntly at me."

I shall call upon the mighty Monkey's Paw to point its fingers at you. :P

"the power of the seed of thoughts"

Without imagination, human would not have progressed far. Planes, ships and even Professional Missle Rocket Launcher if our fore-fathers never thought of doing things that are beyond human's natural cabilities.

Thoughts, be they evil or good, have the power to drive people to do things either rationally and constructively or irrationally and destructively. Think about war time, those who are trying to defend the country and those who are trying to invade the country.

Your dose of breakfast talk cock.

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

It is supposed to be "Missile". Typo error again.

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

Missile boy : message noted

Kcirtap : yea, but those are hardly impactful since they have no direct relations to much of our experience and consciousness.

Thx for yr 120 + 5 cents thoughts. haa

And ya. its time to update yr blog dude. Its too dusty in there.

SoulKeeper said...

wait argh! haven't read this yet! Coz too long, needa digest, needa time, but got time to comments haha.