Wednesday, April 20, 2005

LIVE Recording.

This is really an exciting experience.

Our first and only rehersal was just last night and i was really impacted by the atmosphere. Its very like our very own concert. A dark-dimmed room. Mini spotlights to the front. Shades of purple, pink and blue lights decorated the crowd on the floor. Doesn't look at all like a regular church service. Nope it isn't. Its our night. Our show for God.

Chong, me, fun and pandy met elaine and pok met in the auditorium. In my view, we got the best seats. The seats at the floor is closest to the stage but the view can be obstructed if there are tall guys infronta you. We sat at the terrace block - S3, 2 rows from the front. That was like awesome men. I am really thankful that the girls are able to book such good seats. Everything just starts off well.

Since this is a rehersal, there are no follow-throughs between songs. The pastor joked that for once we'll be like an Anglican church. I didn't know Anglican churches have this practise of standing and sitting, standing and sitting throughout the service. All i know is that my bladder felt kinda tight throught the first part of the rehersal. Toilet was kinda like my 2nd salvation that day. ha..

Well i can't wait for today's recording. The cool thing is i am off today. No more office-blabla to worry. :) I woke up at around 7.30 and i found out my com is still unstable. Its so loaded with spywares that i can do no nothing with my com. So irritatin !#@$@*@~#!!!! Well the war between me and spyware has finally ended. My entry here speaks the proof of my triumphant victory. :)


I woke up today and ran through Look To You DVD. My christian friends said it isn't very nice. But i say i say that u have to fall in love in God's music before you love the songs. After fiddling with my com for awhile, i just blasted the DVD. And i tell you [x3] tat i was so moved. With my morning creaky half-awaken voice , i sang together with my blastiny twin JBL speakers . Bam bam bam .... And there and there, i've my own mini concert in my room. With that slight ignorance that half my house are still asleep, i continued on and every song just pounded me in my head. My heart sings. I began not only to fall in love with the songs, but i began to really feel the lyrics. Feel myself speaking out my thoughts. And that's a real great experience.

[note i wasn't really literally blasting and shaking the house with that wreckage of noice. Its those feelings you get when your heart is so filled with the song and the song is like magnified in your thoughts. Anyway i am also wearing headphones. Either way it feels great]

I also for the first time look through the whole behind the scenes. This is what it says at the start.


" this weekend has got a significant part in writing history. From here on, don't depend on your gifts. You've done the gifting now ... now let it go and you hang on to God, for all that you've got. And now let the measure of the spirit of God and write what needs to be written....

You've gotta let go of the gifts because there are times we relied too much on the gifts and get comfort in it and we've actually got to get back out of the dead water because you know that if he doesn't come through, you gonna drown .... there's what you need to be for this weekend ...."
-Darlene Zschech

A message from Ps Darlene to the Hillsong United Crew. I just like it. I can just replace the word gifts with anything i want. Don't depend on yout worries? sounds weird. But if i tweak it alittle ....... don't linger on your worries. Don't focus on your surroundings. Let it be a time between you and God alone. And then release that hunger. That makes all the time worthwhile.


One Generation shall praise your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of your Majesty. And on Your wonderous works. Men shall speak the mights of Your awesome acts, and i will delare your greatness. They shall utter the memory of your great goodness and shall sing of your righteousness.

Psalms 145:4-7



I will not sacrifice that which costs me nothing.

Thx for the correction turtle. Good to see ya back.

11 comments:

stormchaser said...

"I will not sacrifice that which cause me nothing."

I think u got that slightly wrong. in my humble opinion its "I will not sacrifice that which costs me nothing"

Apart from that, i'm so glad that you're growing so strong in the Lord :D keep the fire burning and light up everyone around you!

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

ok ... thx for the change. i typed too fast without much brain processing ><"

Good that you are back :)

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

*reminder i mean ..

zz

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

My friend,I just realised something. It is supposed to be "LIVE" Recording,rite?Correct me if I'm wrong.

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

lol ....

Error-filled-me.

Thanks again.

If you are new to my blog ... i shall tell you that i make alot of typos [typing errors] alot of times. The result of typing too fast w/o checking.

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

Hahaha.you are welcome. I'm not new to your blog. I'm an avid fan of your blog. Yup, me too. Typed too fast in my first post in my blog. Din not check until after I posted the message. Dunno if anyone noticed the mistake.

stormchaser said...

i noticed! but i figured that everyone will interpret it the correct way, cos if i correct every teensy mistake i think i'll drive sonix up the wall ^^;;

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

lol. damn. I'm looking bad in my own blog. haa ~

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

I think i need a monitoring team ... lol. Mr Brown has one !

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

Thanks,stormchaser. Great that you noticed the mistake in my first message in my blog.How's your weekend coming along?Three days of holiday,man.I LOVE it.

Sonix,can I be part of your Monitoring Team?Although I am not a Christian,I enjoy reading quotes and meaningful lines from others.

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

haa i am kidding la.

If my blog ever goes commercial, then i will need one. But i am not thinking that far. My blog has really evolved frankly speaking. It is supposed to be a private blog at the start.

Geez, how time passes and thoughts changes. Thanks for volunteering dude.