Monday, March 21, 2005

Sleepy day

My first day as a clerk was very "exciting". Just as i board the bus towards Alexandra road, i found out that i forgot to bring my name tag. I had to rush back to get my tag and took a cab down. I arrive at CMPB at 7.35. Very good timing .. i wondered around ... trying to figure out where i should report to. Atlas i arrive at NSSC [ National Servicemen Service Centre ], and found out that i am one of the earliest clerk there. Pretty cool ? Yea.. i spend the whole morning staring into space.

Pretty soon, i was directed with all the rest of the admin staffs to Defence Tower B to listen to a lecture about discipline. I was fighting to stay awake. Later, we went back to slack for another 1/2 hour before we went for lunch.

The food there is quite cheap. Just like canteen price food in JC/ Sec sch. After lunch, i went back to read newspaper until 1pm. For us, we are not allowed to read, sleep, during office hours unless during breaks. We are briefed about how to take leaves and report sick.... We have to be punctual, and finish assigned task properly. Then we are introduce around the office place. And then we slack all the way to 5.30 - our dismissal time. So its a pretty dull day. We only watch people work and the other admin staffs crapping about when they are going to ORD. The rest of the time, i cant find a better thing to do but to sleep but of course i can't. So i began to talk to other recruits .... And bam the day ends.

Well i am kinda worried for afew things. I am worried that i will not have time to study or take night course. Seeing how sleepy i can go at the end of the day, i was pretty discourage. I am also worried that i can't register for retaking my A's. How am i going to juggle with duties and restudying my A's [and gyming if possible? ]

This is pretty challenging

No comments: