Sunday, March 20, 2005

More about PES E

Yea ... like annonymous said ... well probably the title[When boys become men] is not appropriate. Guess i am too sleepy to think of a good title at that time. Well the title sounds kinda cool anyway.

Basically, not experiencing any training means i am not pushed to give my best. I'm not push to be mature. I am not force to learn basic tolerance and survival skills. That is something i think is very true not just for me ... but for the rest of the company. People will go in and come out just the same ..

Well on the other part about making friends .... i would say that i agree that should be the way ... but probably i should say more about how i feel at that time.

First i feel kinda bored, and when i am sianzified, i just lose mood to do things. Secondly, I must admit i am not very good socializing with people. I am trying very hard but i can't talk to people very fluently and relate to them ... since some past incidents in my secondary school. So with this 2 things around ... i really don't know how to talk with them. Another thing is ... like i said, almost all who use an F word when i am around. Not that I can't accept F words, i am very okay with people using vulgarities around me. I don't use F words because i think firstly it doesn't really build character but destroys. Even if it is just some casual remarks, it can be rather raunchy. Its my own personal principle to restrict using them. You can call me a sissy but that's just me.

Well for that matter, its not that i can't associate with them. Through the week, i've been observing their character and what they do. I've seen very cheerful ones, mostly rebellious many quiet ones and some very sociable ones too. My buddy is very sociable and can easily relate to the rest[ using F words of course]. I do talk to the rest too but most of the time, i'll just sit on my bed and hear them crap. One Indian guy started talking about God and many people got turned off. Very obvious that they are not interested. He seems unaware that he's topic in the conversation is a great turn-off to many people. He is quite interesting to a point because he loves to blabber about principles and some General knowledge stuffs which i find that they are not totally correct. Just to give an example, he said he has moral principles. He will abstain from this and that But the thing is, he said if a girl offers herself to him, he will not reject the offer. I was like ... "huh? what are u trying to say." He said he is a flexible pole, a person who changes his principles according to the circumstances. Very conveniently put. So you see what i mean? His points hardly makes sense.

I must say one thing, i am not criticiaing them. I just want to say that though he has some silly things to say, when i talk to him.. most of the things he mention are quite interesting talk about subject. I talk to quite alot of people there and from there i've realise that " i shouldn't make plain observations from what i see or here." He educated me alittle bit about his religion - Hinduism and we have quite a nice chat.

The thing is, i've learn alot from them from this area. Alot of rebellious guys have a kind side in them. Their strong belief in certain areas about life can be qutie admirable. Things like saying they will die for his twin brother really makes me envy that they have such a good brother. Well i'll try to blog more about what other things i'vel earn but basically, the PES E batch really miss alot of fun. Everything ... friends, skills, core values, attitudes are all fostered from training. Being PES E isn't really a good path for a soldier. From the scrap books i've discovered in the games room, i realise i actually miss a whole big deal of stuffs in the actual BMT. BMT is never meant to be dead boring. Our batch really miss alot

2 comments:

stormchaser said...

that guy who's like a flexible pole bending according to circumstances... is really scary. REALLY SCARY. those talk about moral values have come to naught cos when the circumstances come, (according to his bendy pole illustration)he'll just bend his moral values away as he likes it. gosh.

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

basically ... i see he he has alittle poor usage of words. He thinks that principles can change... but what i view about that is .... its not supposed to change. Its supposed to change IF IT HAS TO... Its suppose to be fixed and not deterred by circumstances. So basically either he actually meant that or he is plainly saying : I have personal rules. These rules are meant to be broken.