Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Today i went to Chinatown again! To accompany this little girl! haa. She's very mafan. Have to buy her food and help her carry bag. haha. But its kinda fun in a way la. This little friend loves to ask me to buy food! She always eat alittle and give me the rest of the big pile she ordered. haa ~ Anyway i witness something new today! Tehre was this circus-like performance which afew China boys & girls [i assume] performed at a hot spot in Chinatown. The cute part is that there are these little kids watching and they are very adorable. The way they concentrate on the performers and laugh really remind me of my childhood days - where we are young, innocent and very absorbed or "taken into" in everything that is new to us. These little kids really put a smile on both of our faces.

I bought 2 DvD's for 15 bucks. Only 1 work. The other one just won't play in my dvd player in my computer. I bought Golden Chicken 2 [which i heard is a hit comedy] and 2046 [ the working copy which was kidna horrible]. 2046 is like Ocean 12 and it is also not. If i get my sources correct plus if my memory did not somehow alter the facts -> 2046 was a very well awaited Chinese movie 'cos the director spend a long time planning this show. 3 years if i am not wrong. And this movie isn't as simple as i conceive. It is a love story manifested in another. Terrble i tell you. The last thing i want to look for in the movie .. is a confusing love story. That is why i think 1 of the review on this movie [read long ago in the newspaper] is very true. That this movie is a real *sigh* Failure. This movie would be only good for literature lovers. 'Cos you are certainly not gonna get the sweet feeling of romance between a couple, or the funny happenings of the pre-happily-ever-after phenomenon. Watching this movie is like going back to school to watch a slow-motion black and white ; you-know-this-is-your-time-to-sleep-when-the-movie-is-playing moment. Actually i did fell to sleep for awhile while watching this movie. But i force myself to finish the whole movie to see that i did not totally waste 15 bucks on this DvD.

Chinatown rocks~

No comments: