Monday, January 24, 2005

I jsut went out with Victor and Wanyi and tutle. We went Penisula place [next to Funan Centre] to a lil' guitar shop down there. There are so many nice guitars down there! Acoustic, Rock , Classical .. basically all 3 varieties are there. There are quite alot of cool models ... Victor ... my ex-cg member was an guitar expert. So he is here to help me choose a good guitar!

The first question of is : whether spraying paint the guitar will effect the quality of sound ... And he replied : yea cos the paint will affect the sound quality in a way. Well the trip was more like a know-your-guitar-handling basics and know-your-guitar-accesories fundamentals crash course. I was expose to a wide range of guitar accessories .. such as their different picks, different tunning equipment, different strings and guitar polish. Vic den told me that playing and maintaining guitar is not a cheap. [except the harmonica and the recorder -__-]. I asked alot of questions today. Like how the picks affect the strumming, how the stings affect the quality of sound, how to maintain the guitar, how to clean the guitar, whether scratching the wood of the guitar will affect its sound quality... bla bla bla.

Basically i learnt alot. I have to use dry cloth to clean the guitar. Buy a guitar string & wood polisher if possible to better maintain the guitar. I also learn that hard players like Victor needs to change string almost every month so i better not strum too hard :P haa. I learn that the thin picks are for strumming and thick picks are for note definition. [ but then again this issue on pick is subjective -as according to the shop assitant] I learn that the tuning fork can only tune the A-note which is the 2nd string. After which ... the guitarist have to do relative tuning to tune the rest of the string of the guitar. I learn that there is such thing as thumb pick [ where u attach something to yr thumb for ya to strum] I learn that thicker strings are for slapping. [Base guitarist]. I learn that thick strings give louder note. I dunno what else i learn. ahh .... i learn that the shop owner is a walking tuner. He tunes your guitar right on the spot withing about 10 seconds w/o using equipment. And he plays very nice guitar music!

Well later we went food court to eat. Men i miss Victor. He and his cranky jokes. He never changes. Still the same old guy who likes to confuse people like me. Budden i guess i am not as confuse as i was last time when i was talking to him. hahahah got improvement leh! Victor is kinda managing well from what i see .. as a teacher in St Nicholas. Well gone are the days where he spread his lameness everywhere. Haa but good that we can still catch up with him. Emily also joined us cos he wanna see Victor! haa. Well i sure hope Vic will move on better in his new phase of life.

Guitar RoX~
PS: I learn to play Amazing Grace! Guess i can go to the underground tunnel ... place a hat there and start earning cash. wahahahha.

~~

No comments: