Sunday, April 22, 2007

Electricity!!

i got to bath just 15 mins ago.. quite exhausted so i shall rant very very fast.



I just realise today how important electricity is. I mean its like a neglected, overlooked force in our everyday lives but in a urban city like Singapore, how many people are able to survive without electricity? Technically speaking, of course we can! But we will miss all its splendor and goodness if it is missing. Caveman lives are sure not fun to experience.



That's how i felt waiting 2 hours ago, waiting for the electrical current to flow again back again to power my appliances. I don't want to bath without the heat. Or sleep in my stuffy room without my trusty-o-fan. The ugly truth is is that i am really quite dependent on all my electrical appliances to meet my needs (or wants if you prefer to call it). It brings to think the world before electricity was born. Things are done probably in a more hectic way back then. I mean they don't get air-con. Don't talk about even smsing or computer games. But even more interestingly, i feel it relates to a life without the power of God in it. I remembered Ps Benny illustrated once in his book " Good Morning Holy Spirit" - on how the Holy Spirit is liken to electricity. He says if i was to be asked by someone to on the lights. 3 forces will be involved. 1st will be the person who issues the command - relates to the Father. 2nd would be the person performing the command obediently - relates to the son Jesus. And 3rd would be the power that brings the light. That's the Holy Spirit! That's it!! The holy spirit is soo that essential in our Christian walk too!



There can be little things that i can do with my 2 bare hands. With my own strength alone, i will not be able to accomplish much in my given life span. But with the power of he Holy Ghost, i am sure i will be able to achieve more far-reaching effects. For with God, all things are possible. Without Him, its like losing one of your most trusted firend.



Holy Spirit please guide me more. I know sometimes the affairs of this world might drown your voice in my heart. But Lord, i want to hear you more. I want to know and to know and to know the validty of your goodness in my life. Please do something earth-shaking in my life that i can bring about a great testimony of your power and love to the people around. I am willing to follow you God. Thank you Holy Spirit.

No comments: