Tuesday, April 24, 2007

PDL 7 - All to You

[ The 7th installment thus far for Purpose Driven Life. ]


Point to ponder: It's all for him

Romans 11:36b (LB) For everything comes from God alone. Everything lives by His power, and everything is for His glory.



It's all for him. Everything around me worships Him.


Have you ever thought what does the birds in the sky, the sand, sea and clouds ... the little ants that crawl towards your food ... the little cute puppy you got as a pet .. what's all this to you? Why are they here on earth ? I mean we know the role they play very well. Birds chirp, fly around and hunt for food. They learn the dangers of their environment and are always alert lest they become a part of someone's food chain. Collectively, it can be said they are all for one purpose. That purpose is the same for all of them. That is to glorify God.


I read a book by Lee Strobel that argues many theories of our time on faith, science and religion. What intrigues me is that the readily build up arguments against God can be so easily torn down by an unbiased thorough research on the subject. I mean it is like Jeremiah 29 :13 come to pass all over again for each field. May it be the argument of Creationism vs Evolution, or the argument about the validity of our precious bible, or even emotional subjects that deals with a Good God that allows sufferings and deaths on this world... It all shows one thing .... that if you want to prove God's reality... you will know it if you seek him with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind.


And everything around us proves that God is the creator of this world. I am still curious about many things of this world ... and if possible i would like to visit Israel one day to know more about the heritage and all that is said in the bible of the ancient times. But i know one thing is that God did not created something by accident. Everything was created for a reason. Sometimes it is really difficult to conceptualize the nature of his work. But sometimes when i look around at the things around me, i am really amazed there are such 'things' around me. ( Things as a general term for everything .. humans, objects, animals ... anything ). So Rick tells me now it is done for his glory. It makes sense.


The bible says, "You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For you created everything." (Rev 4:11a) It is his nature to be glorious. And when creation fulfills their purpose, they bring glory to God. It goes to the same for us. When we fulfill our purpose in our lifetime, we glorify God and His name. But as humans, we can constantly give him glory in other different ways too. Rick shows this through 5 examples.

1) we give him glory through worship.
Its is more that an act of praising. It is a lifestyle of enjoying, loving and giving yourself to Him.

2) We give him glory by loving other believers.
Its my responsibility to love others as God does.

3) We give him glory by becoming like Christ.
We have to mature to be sons of God that is shown through our Christ-likeness.

4) We give him glory by serving others with our gifts.
We are given gifts for the benefit of others. Just like others for our own.

5) We give him glory by telling others about him.
The Gospel is also called Good news. Any good news is meant to be shared and not kept secret.


Rick finally says living a life for the glory of God would require a shift in my priorities. What is first ? As mentioned in my last PDL reflection, i always put God as my wrong priority. Some days he will be first. Some days, i can't find him anywhere in the list. But it's still a matter of choice of Him or me. I have already made the choice for Him. But then again in different circumstances, my life doesn't reflect so. And it's really time to yield to Him more... The bible says, if we yield to Him, He will yield to us.. and the cares of the world will fade away. ( i forgot what verse...) . Nevertheless... i am happy that God still accepts me and my faults. And one day i will be a great man of God. And people can constantly see Jesus in me...


Dear God, thank you for the word. I have my worries now ... about the right course to choose, about my finances and debts, about my future and destiny. But i know you are my creator. You know me better than i do myself. And your spirit searches all things ... and even the deep things of God. Lord i want to avail myself to you that you may do a work in me ... and change me to a different me. A me that puts away all childishness and foolishness. A me that can stand in the gap and fulfill your calling for my life. Lord let me know my gifts so that i can serve people better ... and let me know my purpose here so that i can have a destination to go to. Thank you God for everything that you've done. Even now it is hard to communicate with people i used to know... i pray that one day i might find my place in my circle of friends. Holy spirit thanks for teaching me the word. All glory and honor to You. Amen.

No comments: