Monday, April 23, 2007

Peace.

Peace Is Not The Absence Of Turmoil; It Is The Acknowledgement Of God’s Presence.
by Ps Robb Thompson.

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)



Not only was there a bitter herb set upon the Passover table, but there was also a sweet, delicate herb. Parsley is that customary herb, used to remind Jews of the sweet, peaceful incidents that no doubt occurred during their long journey to the land God prepared for them. But God cares far more about your faith than He does about your comfort. We read in 1 Peter 1:7 that trials are only tests of our faith, to show that it is strong and pure.

In Job 23:8-9, Job records his search for God, “I go east, but He is not there. I go west, but I cannot find Him. I do not see Him in the north, for He is hidden. I turn to the south, but I cannot find Him.” It could have appeared to Job that God had entirely abandoned him. All of his efforts to find God’s presence in his turmoil led to nothing until we come to verse 10, which says, “But He knows…” Job acknowledges that God knows his state, and if God knows, then He must be near!

He contines, “But He knows where I am going, and when He has tested me like gold in a fire, He will pronounce me innocent.” Do those sound like the words of an anxious, fretful man? No! His words come from a heart that is reassured of God’s faithfulness even in his trouble, and because of that, great peace, as celebrated with the sweet herb, guards his heart and fixates his mind.

Let me ask you, has God eveur failed you before? Even once? Then why would He fail you now? Remember His faithfulness in times past, and rest in the peace He so generously provides.


Confession :

Father, I thank You that I walk in Your righteousness, and that You never allow me to be moved, made to fall, slip, or fail.



[ extracted from Daily Success Key from Ps Robb Thompson ]

No comments: