Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Haa i am fascinated by the pictures below. Upload alotta pictures and just to say errr alittle abt this .. its very fun to upload pictures. haha i dunno y but it is very fun. Back to the subj.

Now i am gonna educate you guys about a exciting X-ray procedure i went thru' this morning.

Intravenous Urogram

This X-ray is totally different from all the X-rays i've done. I read about this X-ray examination online b4 i went for this procedure. More info @ :http://www.cgh.com.sg/health_public/pamphlet/x-ray/ivu_exam/ivu_exam.html. Let me take you through a magical journey h through this wonderful procedure.

Pre-Examination preparation:
Aw this is totally cool. First you have take this magical pill call Bisacodyltablets (a laxative pill). The purpose is to clear your bowels, intestines so that the X-ray machine can take wonderful snapshots of your urinary system. Did i mention this is a laxative pill? Participants have to take 2 pills 2 days b4 the screening and another 2 pills again the day before the actual screening. Participants will also enjoy a great bowel clensing moment in the toilet with occasional stomach upsets and pains during the course of defecation. Know what rocks for me the most? I have taken a total of 10 of this magical pills. Since i took 2 pills each time, i enjoyed 5 sessions of toilet bombing in all. How come i end up taking 10 when i only have to take 4? Due to my blurness and ignorance. 1st time was b'cos i am not covered by CMPB to do this examination. Hence the experiment on that day is voided and i have to retake another 4 pills.The next time was because i got the date mixed up. So i ended up taking only 2 pills instead of the 4. Hence i am given another 2 pills to enjoy. So .... tat's how i end up with 10 magical laxative pills.

The day of Examination:
I'm not allowed to eat anything from 8pm the night before all the way till after the screening. Talk about hunger. I need sufficient food. Or else my stomach will go "she bangs, she bangs .." haha not funny. B4 the examination i went toilet to pass motion again. Lots of watery juicy things pop out from my butt. I must say i cant stand the smell of the contents coming out. So .. i decided to dress up like the Afghanistan terrorist by wrapping tissue paper around my mouth and nose. Really. I spend quite a long time... and until i heard the nurse yelling my name outside then i thought i should end my toilet bombing session.

I got to dressed up liek a samurai warrior with the radioactive coat they provide. For once i might be Tom Cruise in the last Samurai. I went in the room and there i saw a bed. I thought they are gonna operate on me. I was told to lie on the bed and stay still. The doctors are all smiles and its like i am in a horror movie. Anyway, they told me to relax and there is this machines that they keep playing with. This machine is responsible of taking pictures of my urinary tracts or bowels. Each time just before i picture is taken, i was asked to hold my breathe and only let go a few secs after the picture is taken. So many pictures of my bowels are taken ... and i was wondering if i can bring back those pix as souvenirs. And ahhhh the moment came.

A smart looking doctor came and greeted me. He told me he was gonna inject me with a dye. Iodine complex to be exact.(refer to website) The style of injection is in the form of a drip. So as all bio students know, all the starch compounds flowing in my blood is gonna turn this iodine dark blue. Totally cool men. He told me a few thigns before the actual injection. First he mention abt the side-effects. This include feeling nauseouss, feeling hot, short of breathe, and in extreme cases : death. That time i got a shock. Death?? i asked the doctor what is this abt?? The doc replied only in very severe allergic body reaction woudl there be such a case. I was like OMG again. Am i send here to be executed? If there is a slight chance, there's still a chance. I told God pls don't take me home so early. Though i long to be home , there's still alot of things i wanna do on Earth b4 i go. In the end i felt a sharp prick on my hand. After a few seconds, i felt a sharp rush of heat across my neck to my brain. Cool , i thought.

After a few minutes, again pictures of my bowel were taken. The drip was still on. I was feeling kinda weak. Later, the assistant place 2 small hard weight on my stomach and fasten a large belt around my waist. He told me this is to facillitate the movement of the dye into my kidneys. O_o. I was like .. ok , bring it on. After a few minutes, pictures were again taken. BTW, i forgot to mention. Thsi procedure usually takes about 1 - 3/2 hrs. So gosh i just stare at the ceiling while i wonder if i would suddenly jump out and suddenly roll to the floor and die .. or i would start itching like mad [one of the possible side-effects].

Near the end, the drip was removed. The weight and the belts were removed. I was asked to sit up and told to drink water. So now they are introducing water into my bladder. After 10 mins or so, i was asked to lie flat again. This time the doctor asked me to turn to the side. He started shaking me... haha i cant help smirking when he started shaking me like i was some big giant baby bottle. After many shake-shakes, the doctor took a few more shots of my bowels. Finally, i was asked to change back to my own clothes and return the samurai costume. And that's all for this magical journey. Pretty cool X-ray exam huh? Never had such a kind of examination b4. Thank God i survie the journey.

OK tat's ALL ...

1 comment: