Saturday, October 02, 2004

Friday

I went for service today. Adult service. So its kinda or abit diff from the usual youth service i go. But nevertheless, i can still the energy in the crowd. Still pretty cool =D. I was serving that day as hall traffic and as Traffic Marshall [at the end of the service] I usually don;t like serving for adult service be'cos i do not have the required formal attire and i have to frantically ask all my friends to lend me the items. But now, i more or less have the complete set of formal attire *grins* thx again to mom and chua. They indirectly bless me an outfit for prom nite.

Service was special this week as we have a guest speaker from Sarawak - Dr Raymond Mooi. I am not sure if its me with the fact that i don't usually enjoy a service, hearing from a new speaker. Cos i feel kinda lost during his speeches but i do understand what he's preaching. I felt abit funny all the way through. He preach a simple message about Jesus at the wedding feast. And that having no wine or running otu of wine spells doom to a wedding. How Jesus initially said he has nothing to do with it and eventually, he turn water to fine wine to save the wedding. Very simple message. But many deep fundamental lessons to learn. Persistence to overcome resistance is one of the impt lessons the pastor has preached.

Well at the end, he did something special. He a sort of healing ceremony at the end of service. Those who need healing was asked to stand up and to lay their hands on the areas they want to be healed. Then he began to pray. I stood up and began to pray. I was praying for my Rheumatoid Arthritis which affects my hands and legs. Somehow at that point the joints on my hands are abit painful and i feel the resistance when i stretch my hand. As i prayed, i felt abit funny. Not sure what's that feeling. As the prayer ended, the pastor called those who experience healing to come forward to share their testimony. I was like .. !!!! ?? I stretch my hand. It still feels funny and abit painful. To my surprise, lots of people went up the stage. there was such a big crowd gathering aroudn the pastor at the stage waiting to testify of the healing. I felt abit embarass and abit sad that i did nto experience immediate healing. Maybe i did. I tell myself it takes time to experience the effect and that i might be unconsciously experiencing God's Stealth-version of healing powers. Anyway i watch in amazement in what the people testified. Sinuses are cured. Inborn genetically passed down -kinda sickness was gorn. Lung problems, back problems .. were all cured. Amen. I still feel sad. really.

Later he gave another altar call for the redemption of sinners .. or a salvation-kinda prayer. After that, the service ended. I did traffic marshall(TM) for about 40 mins b4 i rush off to catch my bus home. Still feeling very sad when i do my TM but soon enough God calm my heart. I feel quite relax soon after serving for about 15 mins. Guess the work might have distracted me from myself. And that is it.

No comments: