Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Where I Belong.

[ personal ramblings ]




The song we are going to sing on 8 August 2005. -___-














Geez NDP... Now i'm in the army, but I'll never be part of NDP as like before.











But then again, i am happy as i was once part of it. - contingent marchin in Scouts







It was such an experience. I rememebr we stood there for long hours under the setting sun in Padang field. We train in various places. March like mad. And the Leaders always drill us with a point that we have to bring home each day after training ..... Scouts can march!






Well unlike the NPCC & NCC, scouts do not spend much time in footdrills. So it is expected that we'll screw up when it comes to footdrills. So basically, the SL went hard on us. But i do enjoy it. We have lots of fun during the marching trainings [ much more fun then marching aimlessly and everywhere we go in Tekong ... ]. Though sometimes it can get real boring, i feel it can be fun in certain way. I like the sound when we are able to produce that loud bang when we change positions [sedia ], turn around [ ganan,kekeri,keblankang-puseng ] and stamp our feet in unison. I really feel a great level of pride when i put on my Scouts uniform and march with my scouts - flag pole together with my comrades. [ha. i think we are the only batch of Scouts that march with a flag pole that year ]




I remember i have to endure the itchiness when we are in attention in the parade square. Its so different i can tell you ... being in the parade square of the stadium, compared to sitting down at the stand or on our coach infront of our TVs. When our sweat enter our eyes, it is really painful. That you have to avoid smartly or if you can't, you have to endure through. Those are great moments i can tell you. That's how i feel when i look back now. I don't know how my other scout-mates feel but i feel very happy being in part of the contingent team in NDP 2000.



I love it especially when they play nice NDP songs while we are in that Sedia or Sedan-diri position in the parade square. Its the only thing you can try to enjoy while you are standing for an hour plus to wait for the president to arrive and begin the parade. And then i thought of the horrible music lessons i had in secondary school. We were force to sing national songs which was just awful because half the time the teacher was scolding away. The songs are actually pretty nice even if many might feel its awful. Those songs sang by Tanya Chua, Kit Chen, JJ and Steff-Sun are really nice. Now we have our Singapore Idol - Taufik and Rui-En to sing this year's theme. Something fresh every year.



I am always lookin forward to NDP. Maybe because of the public holiday [hehe]. Well, sometimes the parade show might be alittle dull. But the fireworks never fail to impress me. They are so nice to look upon. As a kid, i will jump up and down when i see those fiery patterns that lit the sky at night. From my house, we used to be able to see the lights and feel the tremor of the air when it is released. Its just so cool to live in Chinatown :D *grinz*






2 cents thoughts for the day.

2 comments:

stormchaser said...

i was in ndp once. i didn't really enjoy it. my job was to bring a banner during the middle of the show. even though my job was quite slack. i didn't like all my sundays getting "eaten up" by them, doing nothing, waiting for my turn. my studies suffered, my parents complained, i struggled. it was quite terrible.

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

:) yea we bring back diff set of experiences.






hehe hope ya get a better exp nxt time if u get to perform again..