Monday, June 25, 2007

Excellence

Food for thought by Mr. Robb Thompson



“Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men.” Proverbs 22:29 (NKJV)


Stand before kings? Hard to believe, you might say, but it has happened in my life. I have had the privilege of standing before many great men and women, including kings, queens, and presidents of different nations. The verse above says, “Do you see a man who excels? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men.”

Your pursuit of excellence awakens the remarkable process of transformation. You may say, “Dr. Thompson, not me. You don’t know me, I am just an ordinary Joe.”

Please listen carefully: If God can take a man who was on drugs, an alcoholic by the age of fourteen, embezzled stereo equipment, institutionalized at a mental hospital, and cause him to stand before some of the greatest men and women on the face of the earth, then He can certainly do it for you.

But . . . with every great achievement there comes a great price to be paid. As you pursue excellence, which is the continual pursuit of improvement, God takes you--an ordinary person--and does extraordinary things through your life. Now, the question is, do you believe it?

DAILY CONFESSION

Father, I thank You that I excel in my work and I will stand before kings and not unknown men.

No comments: