Tuesday, August 03, 2004

A car ride with ...

DP. A car ride with my deputy principle miss Chia. I know. You might ask "men how did u hitch that ride" or "Men are u a stowaway or something? " Well i would just say she is nice and did it out of kindness.

This morning, everything seems fine. I come to school, smile at my friends, chat with them and find out what i miss yest. BTW i was sick yesterday and did not come to school. Reason b'cos of headache and slight fever. Nothing really serious. Today, i thought i was much better. So i happily came to school and attended my lesson. But just when i started attending my first lesson which is bio lecture, the headache came back and its much more intense. I can hardly remember or focus on what the lecturer is trying to say. I just blindly copy the words down from the powerpoint slides unto my notes. I also felt nauseas . Dunno y. And my legs are like jelly. Totally weird experience. I went to see DP during my break and cant attend to her 'cos she is speaking to some students. So i was directed to the sick bay to take rest there. I sat there and tried to rest. Eventually, i laid down on the bed thereand rested. After about 45 mins to 1 hr (i guess), the DP entered and ask me how was i feeling. After a while , she told me she's gonna send me home. Not just release me from school u noe. She's gonna give me a lift back home. I was like wow... she's very nice to do that. So i went to pack my bag and followed her to her car.

What truly impact me is the conversation i had with her in the car. If you dunno Miss Chia, here is how she look like. She's not skimmy or lean. She's a very cheerful lady. She's known for her humourous speeched in assembly and her words of encouragement to those who need it. During the conversation, i also found out that she's a very friendly, approachable, jovial and caring DP. She talk to me about her F-grade students and what sadden her most when she sees students with 6 pts for L1R5 , not studying and getting bad results in their grades. She also talks about student's "cute" response to her when she asked them y they did not study for the Block test. She's kinda chatty and talks about how a student should study, especially when he/she is poor and have to find jobs in Singapore. She also talks about the struggle of entrepreneur and that being an entrepreneur is not as easy as one thought. She also mention that i am kinda "lucky" to ride her new Blue Volvo which is 6 months old (", )!!.

I am truly blessed by the ride and the conversation i had with her. She is real nice and inspirational, esp during this period when i am feeling quite down. Thx DP =)

No comments: