Monday, August 09, 2004

A Nation's Celebration ...

Today i had a cell group outing at East Coast PArk. Men, the whoel place was soooo crowded. Tents flooded the grass patches next to the sea. Children can be seen dancing and playing at the beaches. There are lots of dogs there as well, which is very unfortunate for me. haiz ... Well ok, i was late at the start. And they were all playing cards on the mats ... a game called "4 of a kind" i tink. So the latecomers, which include Emily, me and Wan yi joined in the game much later. Fairly simple game. Get four of a kind, Spade, heart, club and diamond and quickly do an action so that everyone can follow. Last one to do the action will be the forfeit-er. We play alot of card games today ... but i am too lazy to type out all. :P

Just after the games, we went to feast at the Kopitiam next to Mac. I had naan [ AN nortern Indian dish, and in this case a Paskistan dish according to my fren] for lunch and the dishes are all very pricey. I paid 3.50 for Cheese and Garlic naan - which looks like cheese and garlic prata. I had to pay 2.50 more if i want curry ... which they only serve with chicken. So ex rite? And ermm i dun tink the dish is tat tasty .. haha. I rather eat plain prata with freee currry then their Garlic prata.

Anyway, soon we began our main activity of the day : Cycling o^-0 , and a very sad unfortunate incident befalled on me soon later. I was cycling ahead of my clique and aligted at Bedok Jetty to wait for my friends. And well, this is why i say seeing so many dogs is a very unfortunate thing for me. I failed to realise that dogs, like humans has to respond to the call of nature. And the failure to comprehend the seriousness of this situation has resulted in a very unfortunate incident. I walked around the jetty and den - hey there is a sit over there. Stangely everywhere is filled with people except that corner. So i happily sat down and smiled happily at passer-bys. After a while, i notice a stange smell. A smell that is so familiar but yet i had no idea what it is. As i sniff sniff here and sniff sniff there, i found an orange slimey piece of poop stuck on my shoes. i was like "OMG"...

And so i spend the last 1/2 hr, emptying my packet of tissue and water from my water bottle to clear the mess. Thankfully, there seem to be an miscommunication and my friends went ahead of me instead of stopping by at the Jetty. Kinda embarassingfor them to see me in this state. Everytime i swipe the poop off, i felt like vomiting. I juz had lunch and men i am facing + smelling blops of poop on my shoe. puack.
Haiz, later i received a call and they were at the canoes-area taking photos. I join in the fun ... but hhaha din tell them i stepped on poop. Don't worry i clear up the mess already so i tink i am 95% clean. haha.

At the end of the day, we returned our bikes and played games again. Wow this time they play thinking games ... which i feel is more of observation-based kind of games. I don't know about you but we play a crazy game. The objective is to find out how the game is played. lol. Mind boggling rite? Never in my life have i played these kinda games. It is not till the end, then i've figured out how the game is played. I was the pathetic last guy who figured out how to play the game. Hai .. i am slow today. Can't blame me mah. After all, i went thru a trauma b4 this :P

Later i went off and catch abit of the National Day parade. It was .. well like usual. A remix version of Home as Singapore's Theme song was sung by my great-great-great- senior, Lin Jun Jie. Btw in case u dunno who he is, he is a local singer and a Ex-saint[SAJC]. I guess there's nothing else i did but play com games. So tat's all :) and ya, i should end this off with greetings : happy bday Singapore! And happy day for students too cos no sch tmr .. whahaha

No comments: