Thursday, March 13, 2008

Heart for Christ

Yesterday my cgl spoke to me over lunch.



She mentioned quite alot of things pertaining the hearts of many christians in city harvest. And i was one of those that she feels 'burdened' about. We have become 'dormant' during this season ... and the Pastors are very worried.



Basically, she shared about the number of people responding to the altar call to rise up to be full-time preachers over the next few years : the number who responded is only over 20 out of near 2k congregation. The number of souls willing to rise up to preach the word is significantly lower. I explain to Elaine tha my passion was to be a worship leader. And also that i am not very sure if i can be a full-time preacher. But what she said really makes me think about my own Spiritual connectedness with God...


Are the young people today as willing to serve God, to lay down their lives to preach the word of God ?


In the end of days, we will not be doing so much of what we do today. The anti-christ will rise up. Will we still continue to love God and stand up for the word?


Are we leaders discipling the members well enough to take up the Cross and do the works of kingdom of God?



Are the Men showing Manhood this days?


Those weren't her exact words btw. But those were more or less her main points. I was quite convicted inside. With my current lifestyle, i am not really living my life fully for God. Of course i know in everything that we do, there must be a balance. But i understand she is not refering about our the way we live. Its on our heart. our attitude.


ok... i got to set things right. This easter shall be a season of harvest!!! I shall have a heart for God's kingdom! :)

No comments: