Sunday, June 26, 2005

Ear Discharge.

ew ?










I'm not sure if you guys know.












My right ear has been badly blocked for more than 6 months!!











Last thursday, i was @ SGH - A&E department to see the doctor. I was kinda sick and wish to get an MC there :). After many hours of waiting, ( it seems that hospitals are really understaffed everytime i visit ) I've finally in the golden moments of receiving my required attention. The doc speak in a pretty funny tone.





Doc : What happen?



Me: err. I've got headache, flu, fever. Horrible.



Doc: great. sit down here awhile



doc sprints off to other rooms. (The rooms were interconnected)



So he was basically bunny-hopping room to room. From what i see, the doctor is tending like 3 different patients at the same time! -__-. I heard all the doctors available there are sent to treat the really emergency cases. Like you know those going-to-die kind. I was feelin really guilty going to A & E that time.





Well Tay asked me to =P. He said that he heard only A&E gives free medical treatments to NSFs like me.







ok i shall cut it short. I asked the doc to check my abnormally blocked ear too. That ear has really been a nuisance to me throughout this period.







After puting a torch+magnifying-glass+hammer-looking device into my ear, he concluded swiftly ..











your have too much ear wax, my dear. I'm not going to dig it for you.














*faints*








ahh. that's it.












The next day, i armed myself with cotton-wool sticks and began my mining adventure.









I used alot of cotton-wool sticks. Erm really alot.
Actually it improved. I was amaze. I did tried to clear in the past. But my effort seems furtile. That day, i used soaked my ear with water before i mine. It was pretty effective. :)
This morning, i went to dig again. Just to be sure everything was cleared.
I saw blood on the cotton wool.
Its really scary. I thought i am going deaf. At that point, my ear again was blocked. cant hear well.
I went online to search....



Ear Discharge OR DRAINAGE

Symptom Definition
Drainage of substances with varied colors and consistency from the ear canal.

Causes
Normal discharge: earwax or water. Earwax is light brown, dark brown, or orange brown in color.
Main cause of abnormal discharge: an ear infection with drainage of cloudy fluid or pus through a ruptured eardrum or through a ventilation tube.






O_O!!


*scrolls down*



Blood After Ear Exam:
If your doctor had to remove ear wax in order to see the eardrum, about 10% of the time this causes a small scratch to the lining of the ear canal. Usually the scratch oozes 1 or 2 drops of blood and then clots. This should heal up completely in a few days. It shouldn't affect the hearing. Don't put anything in the ear canal because it will probably re-start the bleeding.




*whew*




I scatched too hard? hmph.





I found interesting info too.


Earwax:
Ear wax protects the lining of the ear canal and has germ-killing properties. If the earwax is removed, the ear canals become itchy.









wa. I thot ear-wax is evil. It must be totally anniliated and destroyed. Looks like it has useful properties too.






[ adapted here ]









hopez my ear unblock soon.

3 comments:

Finsology said...

Thanks for the information...extremely insightful stuff...

Now, we shall all accumulate mountains of ear wax to keep away those germs and algae..

-scratches kelp outta my ear-

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

Don't you know, Averil?This guy is a living encyclaopedia for us.Hahahaha. Can learn lots of stuff from him. A very knowledgeable,smart,cute and handsome guy. Require time to know him better...

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

O_O!!!










haaa yeaa. my comments have become more lively :) hurray :D










Well i am definitely not an encylopedia. But if you put it that way, we can all be look upon as books. Not just ordinary stroy books. But big, gigantic books titled with our credentials.











And we are constantly writing this book. :)











I just want to write a great story of many great adventures in mine :P












I feel that we should be constantly reading our own books and the books of others. Ultimately i'll read His book :)










thanks for commenting Averil and rocketboy