Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Men ... Guess where am I ?. I'm in school ..hahaa and the day after today will be another pivotal, paramount, crucial battle of the year .... for me that is. It's the battle of staying in the hall while writing essay in the midst of the the freezing temperature. It's the battle of creative juice. It's the battle of self - memory of the world affairs and things we learnt from our regular GP exam. Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day.

The past 2 days aren't very exciting. My computer is badly hit by stupid viruses. I reformatted my com on Sun because i found out that there are too much rubbish in it. And that i can remove all my games ini my computer so tht i can concentrate more on my work. Well i was greatly fustrated when installing Windows XP Service Pack 2, which promises many protections. The irony is the program doesn't provide a well enough coverage of protections. I visited the microsoft forum to find out why i can't install the service pack 2 and found out that there are loads of other problems displayed by other users across the world. What's more is ..... a hacker controlled my computer right infront of my eyes. My current free antivirus which offers me a 60 day trial is soo kind as to allow trojan horses, worms, and other malicious forms of virus to enter my computer while i am surfing the net. I can't seem to be able to get my trusty sidekick - Norton Antivirus back into my com. I cant download it from the net either. The hacker tried very hard to intimidate me by openly opening up windows explorer and the command prompt and install stupid programmes right in front of me. I just immediately rebooted my com and conducted many scans. What i can say is :

Jason's Review
Avast! Antivirus 4 Home edition
Style: 8/10
Efficiency : 5/10
Protection : 3/10

Comments: It is pretty stylish antivirus. I backed up this program before i reformat 'cos i thot with the good packaging, the product will be equally good as well. The program scores a high point for Style as it as customisable skins which can be downloaded from the net. However, it lacks good efficiency it destroying anti-virus, providing total control against the further spread of Virus. For protection wise ... what else can i say. I got hacked while the anti-virus is running.

Zone Alarm
Style: 6.5/10
Efficiency 9/10
Protection : unknown

Comment: I should have used this program long ago. It is very much more reliable.

Norton Antivirus
Style : 6/10
Efficeincy: 10/10
Protection 10/10

Comment: Trusty Sidekick, Never failed me at all.

Well i decided to fix my com and kick all the viruses' butt after i kick A level's butt. I got a feeling that God made my com ridden with problems so that i can stop fiddling with it and concentrate more on my work. Well so i won't be bloggin much. Unless i am in school .... =) All the best to the A levelers, O levelers, and erm ... examers ....

May the force [of God] be with ya

No comments: