Thursday, March 24, 2011

Meeting Terence

havent been blogging for quite awhile.


just want to say... Praise the lord :) ... with my new laptop.. typing is made so much easier.... i can also resume blogging!! :) yes!



Today i was released early from camp! actually it's really by the grace of God... coming to this ICT... i not only can take a break from my work.... i get allowance.. and my company still pays me.....

my reservist is like an unofficial break from normal work - study routine. And i get to go home early on certain days :) how sweet is that??

Thank God for it really!



Today ... I was hunting for a MSG bible for my friend "VT" ... from this shop in peopls park near my estate... Trust bookstore. I must say i am beginning to appreciate the shop owner more and more.

He always leave me with a very 'welcome' feeling when i enter his shop. And one thing about him that every patrons will experience... His very explicit display for his love of God! He talk about Jesus likes his best friend next door. Always quoting scriptures after scriptures...

so here was i entering the shop to look for the bible.... the shop in itself... is a humble establishment. They do not have latest 'this or that' kinda stuff. Or the most beautiful display of books and cds like in most modern kind of Christian bookstores.... But the love of God can be felt when you enter. Bright smiles from the owner... asking how is your day.... they proudly display what they have been listening to recently... and what they are doing everyday ( reading the word of God... attending leadership classes and bible studies after bible studies... ) When his favourite music plays.. - Don Moen's God will make a way.. He sings unashamedly ... loudly... the lyrics. covering every stanza with his gratitude towards God. Honestly.. i have not met a person as bold... as daring.. as outspoken... as him.

He has a lovely wife too ... who sometimes tend to the shop. They both smile at me everytime they see me....

Today he spoke to me about the word of God.... and he asked me 2 pretty interesting questions..

Who is Jesus to you ? I ask many people this... so can u share with me who is Jesus to you ?

i told him the person i know of. he is my best friend. someone i can turn to always without fail... who listens to me and loves me no matter what.


He says ... there is no right and wrong to such a question. many people he asked gave answers like these too.... My saviour .. my king... my comforter... my lord... But the most important thing is do you have a relationship with him ?

:) wow......


He followed to tell me he met Jehovah witness... people who tell him that Jesus is not God....He is just the son of God... and he boldly pointed out array of verses (which really tells me how much he loves the word of God!) "If they really are not convinced... read John 1:1. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."


Next he asked me what is sabbath day ?

i told him honestly... i know little about the subject on sabbath. So i do not know.... So he told me luckily i did not say sabbath is sunday like most conventional Christians... Sabbath is actually a period between fri evening - sat evening..... but having said that... Jesus also say he is the lord of the sabbath. We cannot use sabbath to judge people .. and say they shouldn't work. Because Jesus also performed miracles on sabbath.... Apparently we haven't really arrive a conclusion on what is sabbath day all about. But through the conversation ... i was reminded.... Observe the Sabbath... and keep it holy. It really arouse the curiousity inside of me on this subject.


Talking to a man like Terence... I feel God was reminding on a call he place in the beginning of the year.... that i am still not doing rightly. " Set aside some time each day... study the word of God. Know me as i am known."


He sang the song... God will make a way... and keep reiterating... My soul is thirsty.. you got to be thirsty.... or else you will be drained one day.

You know..... its one thing to know the word of God and flaunt it infront of other. so far i haven't really met people who flaunt it la... but i am really fortunate to meet a guy like Terence. a man burning with the thirst of God. No plans or agenda. just a message to tell me... read the word of God even more..



"trust and obey" there is no other way..


I realise that trust.... as beautiful and magnificent as it may sound.. It is built on something solid. It is build on the life of a person. On Jesus. His words is his life. That is why the bible is so powerful...

I also realise we can obey..... and never began to trust. Never believed. an obligatory way of performing things. but no conviction to carry it through.

i am not so sure can we trust but do not obey? but i think if we really trust in the lord. obedience becomes natural.


But one thing i am sure... amongst all the thought provoking stuff that i experienced.... i am glad i met Terence. He is not from city harvest... but he tells me he does not believe in the negative reports. He knows everyone ultimately can only answer to God..... The best thing a christian can do... is to love one another. by this all men shall know we are his disciples..

amen to that. :)

No comments: