Friday, March 25, 2011

Chat with ben

What I take home tonight: putting the word of God at the highest priority.


Today we had fellowship Cg. Well half the time I weirdly felt out of place. It's a sick weird feeling that lingers in me.. A fear that I will make conversation and people will look at you and say .. Huh... what are u talking about? You are so weird.


Back in camp .. These 2 weeks.. Honestly such stigma exist. I will prefer to hide in my own shell.. And not let someone know who I am really like.. Lest they jeer and make fun of me...

Yet I know in my heart.. All this is cool. This is how we make friends.. We lighten things up.. And in that we enjoy each other...

Strangely.. I haven't felt that in awhile. And when I can successfully enter into a conversation where people accepts the things I say.. I feel accepted in the group. (Goffman's theory in social psychology)

Well... Back to where I was saying.. Today's fellowship is great. Laughters. Great food. Abit disappointed in the lack of participation in some members tho... But still the enthusiasm and support given by everyone-- in one way or another. I appraiser that.

One thing I always asked myself is.. Why do we come for Cg? Has the Cg environment changed to be just another social gathering?

I chatted w ben.. And man I am so happy to see how much wisdom he has grown to be... He mentioned great leaders like Siqi and Elaine who led with discipline.. And Cg being long is never an issue. What's most impt is all of us are hungry for the word... He says the people..... At the end of the day isthe people...

I feel at the end of the day.. It's not he people. It's really God. One thing through all the things we spoke... I realize that how serious we are with the word of God... Really determines how powerful and solid a meeting will be. Ben said many times.. Respect.. Honor .. The word of God...


I think .. This is God telling me another time.. Spend more time in the Word..


;) I am happy we chatted over that. Let this conversation be a spark for me to invest in the Word. And I hope to see a wildfire.. A people thirsty for the word every meeting. That is a sweet image indeed..

Ng, sent via iphone �
[Godliness with contentment is great gain]

No comments: