Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Best way to be secure

Recently... I read a book discussing about Moses leading the children of Israel. And I listened to Joyce Meyers sermon and again there was an example brought up about Moses.

Moses ran away once - the first time He is called to ministry. Well he murdered a guard.. And later when he tried to do some peace keeping .. He was pointed out His flaws...

After than He ran.

It's so easy to run. Run from all the uncomfortable things in life. From tests.. From failures.. From responsibilities. But where can you run away from yourself?


Later he returned -40 years from the wilderness. Empowered w the Holy spirit to lead the people... He led the people out of Egypt .. Passed the famous red sea.. And thru that - the people accused him. Forgot him. Accused him.

I particularly hate to be forgotten. I don't like to be left behind by people in my life.

But Moses ... Encouraged me. Reading his life - you can't help but feel it's really something to lead sheeps. Try pulling the leash of a group of dogs going the opposite direction of where you want to go to.

" make us gods we can see and follow. This Moses who got us out here miles from nowhere- who knows what's happened to him! That was the time when they made a calf idol, brought sacrifices to it, and congratulated each other on the wonderful religious program they had put together.

God wasn't pleased at all. (vv. 40-42 MSG)

That is why grace is given to overcome our weaknesses. I believe God place us in areas .. With people to test these areas that we are struggling in. In shepherding, you meet unappreciative sheeps. You meet sheeps that forgets about you. That disrespect you. ( there are still good sheeps of cos I believe). But to this minority sheeps that pokes on you he wrong way.. It's a challenge to help them.

For me... I always have a feeling that I never get respected when I share. People will text other people.. Look elsewhere. I am like what he Chinese call 对牛谈琴.


But I'm gg to make a resolution - to feel secure about myself no matter how I am treated.

Feed. Tend. Feed.

I think above all. There is always a divine purpose. I believed Gods will is above just me overcoming my insecurity and being a faithful humble shepherd. There is a meshwork of threads that holds our lives... Carefully weaving our lives and destiny. We are not living a destiny. There is a larger force at work.

I'm excited to see what God will do with these sheeps. That is my purpose.


Amen.

Ng, sent via iphone �
[Godliness with contentment is great gain]

No comments: