Sunday, October 08, 2006

Birthday.

[ mood : ]




todays' a nice day. i woke up for once this week not feeling stress or worried. had plenty of sleep. thank God for the sumptuous rest i get today.


made a toast in the morning. told myself its going to be a beautiful day no matter what. and i ate my toast. watched the online service for awhile and played my guitar, my dear for awhile. She din sound really good this morning i guess but she still makes my heart sing when i am with her.


went out in the afternoon to accompany a friend to buy a new guitar. It's a pretty small-build guitar with rosewood and 'reinforced glass' (im not sure if it's called that. it gives the guitar a good shine look but it 'destroys' the sound according to my friend). Nevertheless it does sound quite good and the bundle packet of the accoustic guitar (with build-in plug) and amplifier cost around 299. It's a pretty good bargain for the mid-range sound it gives. I'm sure my friend likes it.


We parted ways a hour later and i went to esplanade alone to study. Its really nice there b'cos i like the scenery there. Won't say i study much there but i'm sure i enjoyed studying there more than in my messy room at home. There's this trumpet team in the library that spices the atmosphere up quite abit during my study session. quite happy to be there.


Then as i went down to watch a group of chinese musicians playing pipa, gu-zhen and another 2 don't-know-what-that's-called intruments at the concourse. quite interesting. dad vincent called me and 'commanded' me down to join them at suntec when they knew i was alone there. They treat me my very first crystal jade noodles and a bowl of crystal jade herbal chicken soup. i really like the herbal soup and the noodles are really extraordinarily nice. 2 thumbs up (dad n mom likes to do that too). and then they brought me to Anderson's ice cream stall and i ate my very first Anderson's strawberry and cream ice-cream there. It sure tastes different from Mac's 50c ice cream.




I think this year's pretty much better compared to last year. well at least i am not badly scolded on my birthday..





I asked Jesus today what's so special about today? Why do people treat me so nice just today? Why does my heart yearns so much to have a good time with others?



I don't think that's really necessary. but Jesus did. somehow i think that's what he's trying to tell me tonight. if everyone else needs a treat of kindness .. Jason needs a cup too. i planned to get some normal ice-cream treats from the supermarket tonight. Jesus went a step ahead and gave me something better... something more extravagant.




Love is kind. (1 Cor 13:4)






He's more than a saviour. He's my best friend :)


Thanks Jesus.

and thank you everyone for your birthday greetings & gifts.

No comments: