Friday, May 06, 2005

Different Faces.

" ...
Far off places differnt faces
Toungues we may not understand
... "




ha~ Writing this topic reminds me of this song. Its in one of the new tracks in our CHC album. I can't wait to buy and hear it. But right now i feel must emphasise that i am really really really Extremely! ...... broke. Sigh i've never been so worried about my finance until recently .... That is after my grandma ask me to pay her for household expenses. I got pretty stressed up. My transport fee cost a bomb [adult fares is simply crazy], food is not covered by SAF [where's the care for soldiers?? oops i am not really a soldier -_-], outings [ movies, buying of cards and my new mp3 player] ... Its just a heavy load of bills. On top of that, i want to save for education after my 2 years in SAF. It suddenly seem so impossible to mange my finances.

It never occured to me that i will have such a struggle with finances. For that, i am actually both worried and excited. Right now it's just time to relax on my expentiture and start saving again. I doubt whether i can play lan this sunday with my cg-mates.



Well that's beside the point.





I had a great dinner today with Pat and Ken today. We ate the famous Riverside *something something* stall in Plaza Singapura Food court. Haa it rocks men. We had a pretty good chat about life as a clerk and thinking back, we talk on quite alot of things. About NTI , health supplement pills, camps and OBS adventures , canoeing, etc. etc.. Even though i feel kinda tired, i am happy at how this long conversation has liberated me. Words have the power of life and death. It also has the power to liberate :)





Er. That's also besides the point






I just felt kinda impacted by the people around me as i walk home today. I see many people's life change throughout my walk. Not just in church, but in school, at home. Just a slight glimpse of a person's life can be impacting.



I am blessed to have so many great images to follow. Of course the greatest one would be JC! But for real-life mentors, they have showed me alot. I learn something from everyone. Even if they did not notice or even if i did actually acknowledge it. Its a real blessing to be in this church. Its like this great river i'm in. There are big fishes, small fishes. Schools of fishes. Small planktons. Pretty crowded environment ain't it. Every fish has its story to tell. No matter how big or small it is. Its never insignificant in that river. It has its purpose to serve. Similarly, i feel that the different environments i've been put in aren't "for fun". They serve to teach me alittle bit more about life. And i think that's truly great.



Thinking about my cell group w143, I've seen great examples and extraodinary characters.

My "mom" showed me the caring and faithful side of a leader. Pandy showed me very clearly the meaning of being a fighter and overcomer. Chong showed me the essence of the child-like love for God. Turtle showed me much abou her intelligent perspective or shall i say argument about Christ. Fun showed me about what it is like to commune with God and living by her revelations. Doraemon showed me the importance of communication and his experiences in relationship. Janet showed me much about dedication to people's life. Its really amazing when i look back on this. Sometimes i do feel envious. I do feel lost in the past, regarding about where i stand between them. Where am I in this big family picture. What role do i play? I realise that i do not have a real specific role. My role is to be God's child. That's all. To love and be loved. To care and be cared. To see and be seen. To be a Reflector. I don't know how it is like to be in the future. I've seen a great deal of God's work. And I am eager to see more.







I believe we are called to do what we are meant to do. Our decisions do make a difference in our life and to this world.







May we all learn to make and live well with the decisions we make everyday. God bless :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

are u in NTI? hahaz

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

No and never. -___-

Kcirtap said...

You can always sell your MP3 player at S$100.00 to me to finance your lan gaming. :D

Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

Never call me...I so sad.

stormchaser said...

There's a chinese saying, "dang1 ju2 zhe3 mi2, pang2 guan1 zhe3 qing1"

It means that the person who is in the situation is blur/lost, but the person outside the situation/person who looks from the side understands.

You may not know what role you play, but the people around you know. Well, at least, i know.

Its more than what words can describe.

"s0n|c'C@libr3,, said...

Kcirtap :

No thx :P




Mr Missile Rocket Launcher said...

Call you ? oh ok.

*yells in top voice* :
Mr Missle Rocket Launcher

there you go..



Stormchaser:

tat's sweet. More than meets the eyes should be that description rite :P ... ha *looks back at friendster*