Friday, December 26, 2003

X'mas
Today is supposed to be my happiest day in this season. I get to eat great food from my uncle's place ... Fried noodles ... pizzas .... colesaws ... bread sticks ... X'mas log cakes .... so much more good and yummy food. I also get a chance to see my newborn baby cousin .. Grace :) ... amazing grace indeed. She was very happy to see so many people in the house and you can always catch her bright happy baby smile.My uncles says she likes clocks. It looks to be she likes people. My uncle confirmed that. She is really adorable. After feasting, we watch one chinese drama on TV which is pretty lame .. but effectively funny. After that , i went home with the remianing log cake, some kentucky fried chickens and fried noodles. So far so good. The day is quite well spent and i enjoyed myself.

Later, i went to watch some performances in Esplanade. We are supposed to watch a drama, some carollings and a musical. Well, we were partially late but we managed to watch a group of chior's performance there and then. They sang really well and it is quite entertaining.. watching them liven up the crowd's spirit with their songs. A while later, i met the rest of the gang .. so now there are a total of 6 of us. 5 guys and a girl. We witnessed another performance by another group of chior which was pretty cool too. The sway side by side while singing and they got some of the kids to dance in one corner. cool rite?? :). Some of the gang left for a while to find our cell group leader ... and at the same time eat somewhere as well. I went to explore the place for a while to find the location of the next performance. Sadly i can't find it in my 1st exploration alone. On my 2nd go, this time with Ah hui, we manged to find the drama performance near the colours of the bay. We watch for a while before karista, our cell group leader, contcted us. We met and got to found out they had to leave 'cos it's getting late. And later we found out some of the sisters that i invited who did not turn up ... actually turned up but din join us. Instead it seems like they are avoiding us. At this point of time, i was really saddened and disappointed by their attitude. Well, i got again a strong feeling which came back from the chalet ... that people did not like to attend the activities that i organise. And even with the group that i am with, they don't seem to enjoy the carolling's at all. Well i don't wanna explain why i felt like that. Maybe i am thinking too much. But maybe not. So it that period of time .. i seperated from the gang ... and watch the performance by myself[ which is the last item of the day : Caroling again since we missed both the musical and drama performance. It ain't that bad watching the performance by myself. At least i don't have to care whether others enjoy the performance or not. Well you might think this outing is just hearing carols and all. But to me, what i observe from the performance is that different bands of chiors have a unique way of bringing about the carols and x'mas songs. It's not just about the singing ... it's about their expression . The performance by the Vocal associates, which is the last caroling chior i am listening, is quite different from the previous 2 i have witnessed. The 1st one was erm.. quite normal. The 2nd band was quite jolly and youthful. And the 3rd band was abit more matured and they do not focus so much on synchronised singing to produce the effects that chiors normally produce. They instead have very good vocalist to lead soem parts of the songs. Some of the carols, they had soloist to sing it. Don't be mistaken that i have insightful knowledge of chior bands or deep understanding in this kinda art. All i know is i appreciate their music.

And at that point of time .... i made up my mind ... not to invite any friends of mine to such concerts or performances. Well i rather appreciate them alone by myself than have to worry about whether my friends are coming etc.. At that moment .. a pretty little soloist was singing Have yourself a merry little Christmas. And ironically, i wish i could. I don't know wat's wrong with me but this small little stupid things just make me feel incompetent and .... i dunnoe. I just sat there and listen to that vocalist singing and the other lady playing on the musical keyboard. The gang joined me later to watch the band finish the rest of the chior

Have yourself a merry little Christmas ...
Let your heart be light ...
From now on our troubles will be out of sight ...
Have yourself a merry little Christmas ...
Make the yuletide gay ...
From now on our troubles will be far away ...

After the last performance.. we made our way to suntec to watch LOTR : The Return of the King. The show starts at 1210 ... yup a midnight show. Very nice show i must say. The best installment of the season. The war-epic is cool. The storyline is fantastic. The twist is there at times. The fighting scenes are sensational. The grapics are great. And the ending was quite suitable for the show. I must say the ending movie for the triology is A must-watch for LOTR fans!! the show ended at 0330. Pretty early rite ?? There aint a single bus back home for us!! Even the NR [ Night-rider] Bus are not servicing today since they only serve on midnights of fri, Sat and eve of public holidays. So in the end ... we slept at Esplanade .. The gang slept in the outdoor theatre. For me, i prefer to sleep next to the sea. It was cooling ... and noisy at first. I did my quiet time there ... real nice place to do my quiet time. Then i stare at the sea for awhile before i fall away to sleepy-land. I was soon awoken up but it isn't bright yet. My friend said that we can now take the morning early bus or MRT home. We walked to City Hall MRT ... and the gang took MRT home. For me it's a bus ride home to doom. I didn't get the chance to tell my grandma how late i'lll be back. So i got alot of scolding from her when i am back.I reached home at 0615 and i began to sneak into my bed. What i am really irritated about her is that she likes to compare me. She tells me none of my uncles are so naughty and rebellious like me. But i mean i cant come back after the show ... since all the bus service has been halted. haiz ... trouble trouble .....

No comments: